Bavaria's successes in research and technology are based on broadly promoting key technologies.
In its research, technology and innovation strategy, the Bavarian State Government has defined the following fields of application and technology as priorities for Bavaria over the long term:
- Life sciences
- Information and communication technologies
- Efficient production technologies, mechatronics, automation, robotics
- New materials, intelligent materials, nano and micro technology
- Clean tech - resource-conserving energy, transportation and environment technologies, renewable resources (including biofuels), electro mobility
- Innovative, technology-based services
These fields of application and technology have been the focal points of Bavarian technology and innovation policy for several years now, for example, under the Bavarian Cluster Initiative.