History

Building and History

The impressive building of today's Bavarian Ministry of Economic Affairs, Regional Development and Energy was constructed between 1936 and 1938. It was used by various Luftwaffe command structures until the end of World War II in 1945.

The three-storey building is 250 meters wider, extends from Wagmüllerstr to Oettingenstr, and is completed by a five-storey tower in the east and a four-storey tower in the west.

In May 1945, the building became home of the "Ministry of Economics", which was renamed to "Bavarian Ministry of Economic Affairs and Transport" following its merger with the "Ministry of Transport" on October 1, 1952. Between 1994 and 2003, the introduction of new political priorities resulted in an extension of the name to include the responsibility areas "Technology" and "Infrastructure". Following a reorganization of the responsibility areas, the name changed to "Bavarian Ministry of Economic Affairs and Media, Energy and Technology" on October 10, 2013 and on March 21, 2018 to "Bavarian Ministry of Economic Affairs, Energy and Technology". Since November 12, 2018, the ministry has its current name: "Bavarian Ministry of Economic Affairs, Regional Development and Energy"

  • 1945

  • 1945

  • 1946

  • 1946

  • 1947

  • 1947

  • 1951

  • 1954

  • 1957

  • 1970

  • 1988

  • 1988

  • 1993

  • 2005

  • 2007

  • 2008

  • 2013

  • 2018

  • 2018