History

Building and History

Bavarian State Ministry of Economic Affairs and Media, Energy and Technology

The impressive building that houses the Bavarian Ministry of Economic Affairs and Media, Energy and Technology today was constructed between 1936 and 1938. It was used by various Luftwaffe command structures until the end of World War II in 1945.

The three-storey building is 250 metres long and stretches from Wagmüllerstrasse to Oettingenstrasse.

In May of 1945, the building became home to the Ministry of Economics, which was renamed the Bavarian Ministry of Economic Affairs and Transport following its merger with the Ministry of Transport on 1 October 1952. Between 1994 and 2003, the introduction of new political priorities resulted in an extension of the name to include the responsibility areas of "technology" and "infrastructure". From October 2003 until October 2013, the ministry war renamed in Bavarian Ministry of Economic Affairs, Infrastructure, Transport and Technology.

Since 10 October 2013, the ministry has been called by its current name: the Bavarian Ministry of Economic Affairs and Media, Energy and Technology.

  • 1945

  • 1945

  • 1946

  • 1946

  • 1947

  • 1947

  • 1951

  • 1954

  • 1957

  • 1970

  • 1988

  • 1988

  • 1993

  • 2005

  • 2007

  • 2008

  • 2013