Foreign trade policy
The objective of Bavaria's foreign trade policy is to cement Bavaria's position as an attractive and reliable partner in the global economy, and to strengthen and expand international competitiveness, especially for small and medium-sized companies. The objective is to support Bavarian companies
- in maintaining and further increasing market shares in countries in which they already have a strong presence, such as the EU and the USA;
- in developing new growth markets, especially in the BRICS states, in Eastern Europe and in Asian countries as well as in the Middle and Near East.
The Bavarian Ministry of Economic Affairs and Media, Energy and Technology is especially at the service of smaller and medium-sized companies based in Bavaria. Its duty is to organise help for self-help and to prepare companies for export by
- improving, facilitating and promoting information and consulting,
- driving national and international networking and cooperation
- facilitating access to international markets and supporting the development of new markets.
Foreign trade is closely linked with other political areas. Internationalising professional training; creating favourable conditions for research, technology transfer and innovation; and network and cluster policies all contribute to strengthening the international competitiveness of companies.